google search

Custom Search

google results

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Great Debate: To Make-Up or Not to Make-Up, by Guest Blogger Coffee Beans

Hullo, beautiful people of Modern Pinup.
I'm Coffee, or just Fee if you're feeling lovey. I'm a blogger from WordPress, on a site called The Land of Man-Eating Pixies, on which I talk about Writing, Life, Insanity, and the Pursuit of Awesome.
I've been asked to do a guest post on this blog, and so I've decided to branch out and talk about something that I don't normally talk about: make up.
See, I'm not really a make-up-y person. I feel like I'm most comfortable without all of the unnecessary weight on my face. My glasses are enough, thank you(:
But I do know that some people won't even leave the house without make-up on, and so I've come up with some pros and cons of make-up usage, although I'm afraid I'm a bit bias. (:
Pros of Make-Up Usage:
Make up helps thousands of people around the world feel prettier, although if this is a pro or a con, I can't tell. There's certainly nothing wrong with it- it's great. It covers up blemishes and if you know how to do it correctly, it can change any minor "imperfections" without paying major bucks for a surgery, which is nice. It can seemingly change the width of your nose, or make your eyes pop. What the heck, it even boosts the economy a little bit-- we all spend a little bit of money on some amount of make up, right? For me, it's just lip gloss, but for others, there's major money in the business.
Cons of Make-Up Usage:
People can become a bit too dependent on their make-up usage. A little bit goes a long way, and some seem to take it far too overboard for everyday usage. If you don't know how to do it right, it can make some look cheap and fake (if you follow this blog, however, and do it right, it's a completely different story). I don't personally see the appeal in make-up, but some work hard to make themselves seem "perfect", and I can respect that.

I feel, however, that if one decides to use make-up, and becomes even realitively good at it, it can inhance your entire appearance, making you seem even more attractive than usual-- as long as you remain comfortable in your own skin. That's all that counts, right?
Much love,
Fee(:

Please be sure to check out Coffee's blog at www.herebefaries.wordpress.com for other writings and fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment